One channel HD Capture Dongle
Magewell Part Number: 32060
USB Capture HDMI Gen 2 Dongle video capture dongle
Plug & Play no drivers required
The USB Capture HDMI Gen 2 video capture dongle can capture various HD and DVI video sources with resolutions up to 1920x1200p @ 60fps. The VC100DUSB-HDMI adopts the USB 3.0 interface, which can realize high-speed transmission. The device gets power from the PC directly and has no need of extra power adapter, which enables it to be carried easily. You can capture high-quality non-compressed 1080 HD video by this mobile capture device.
- Compatible with various USB 3.0 chipsets (Intel, Renesas, ASMedia, Fresco Logic), compatible with expended USB 3.0 via PCIe Gen1.1 x1
- Compatible with USB 2.0
- Compatible operating systems: Windows (7, 8, 8.1), Linux (kernel version 2.6.38 and above), OS X (10.8 and above)
- Support APIs, such as Windows: DirectShow, DirectSound, Linux: V4L2, ALSA, OS X: QuickTime
- Support software including Windows Media Encoder (Windows), Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder (Windows, OS X), Real Producer Plus (Windows), VLC (Windows, OS X, Linux), QuickTime Broadcaster (OS X), QuickTime Player (OS X), Wirecast (Windows, OS X) and etc…
Excellent Video Processing
- Support up to 1920x1200p60 (CVT-RB) Video Input
- Video output support up to 1920x1200p60 in YUY2
- Video output support up to 1920x1200p60 in RGB24
- The process of video and audio is done by the dongle and will not occupy CPU.
Flexible and Friendly Features
- Connect multiple dongles to one machine
- Enable the up/down conversion of video resolution, frame rate and audio sampling rate
- Support brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and other screen adjustment functions
- The HDMI video capture meets UVC standard, support YUV 4:2:2 (YUY2) or RGB 4:4:4 (RGB24) video output
- The HDMI video capture meets UAC standard and 48KHz PCM stereo audio output
- The video processing engine can be updated via firmware without changing the hardware.
- Automatically detect and de-interlace signals
Easy to Use
- No need to install drivers in Windows, Linux, and OS X, real plug and play.
- Automatically determine the input video format and automatically convert it to the specified output size and frame rate.
- Automatically determine the input audio formats and automatically convert it to 48 KHz PCM stereo audio.
- 64MB DDR2 Onboard memory, it can effectively conduct video frame buffer and USB transfer flow control to avoid interruption or error images when the USB transmission bandwidth is occupied.
- Pass through 7x24h continuous high load tests in high and low temperatures (0-50 degrees)
|Capture Format Setting
Set the capture resolution, frame rate and color space. If the capture format is different with the input format, the FPGA in the capture device will automatically do up/down scaling, causing 0 CPU usage. This function is especially useful when scaling by software causes much CPU burden.
|Audio Volume Control
The Utility V3 can control the volume of the audio input (recording) and output (playback) of the USB capture (Plus) devices. The functions differ with models. If the system volume is changed, the parameter on the Utility V3 will also change accordingly. Users can click on the icon to quickly mute/unmute a playback/recording device.
For full description, visit the full page; USB Capture Utility V3
Utility V3 also provide functions such as cropping, deinterlacing, device name setting, aspect ratio conversion, timing adjustment, status image setting, etc.
For detailed introduction of the settings and functions, please check the Utility V3 User Manual.
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10/2008/2008 R2/2012 (x86 & x64)
- Linux (Ubuntu 12.04–16.10, CentOS 7)
- OS X 10.9–10.11
- macOS 10.12
- Chrome OS
- Wave API/DirectSound/WASAPI
- OS X/macOS
- Microsoft Media Encoder
- Adobe Flash Media Encoder
- Any other DirectShow, V4L2, QuickTime,AV Foundation based encoding or streaming software
- USB 3.0
- compatible with USB 2.0
- compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1
- Support for input video resolutions up to 2048×2160
|HDMI Specific Features
- 165MHz HDMIreceiver
- Adaptive HDMI equalizer support for cables lengths up to 30M
- Support for customized EDID
- Support for extraction ofAVI/Audio/SPD/MS/VS/ACP/ISRC1/ISRC2/Gamut InfoFrames
- Full colorimetry support
- Support for 8/10/12-bit color depth
- Support for RGB 4:4:4，YCbCr 4:4:4，YCbCr 4:2:2 color sampling
- Support for 2-channel ISC60958 audio streams
- Support for extraction of audio formation information & channel status data
- Support for extraction of video timing information
- Support for extraction of 3D format information
- Support for Side-by-Side Half, Top-and-Bottom, Frame Packing 3D mode
|Video Capture format
- Support for capture resolutions up to 2048×2160
- Support for output frame rates up to 120fps (Actual output frame rate can be limited by the USB bandwidth and internal working frequency. Typical output frame rates on the Intel USB 3.0 controller are as follows.)
- 1920×1080 YUY2 (up to 75fps)
- 1920×1080 RGB24 (up to 60fps)
- Support for YUY2 & UYVY4:2:2 8-bit
- Support for RGB24 & RGB32 4:4:4 8-bit
- The default capture format is YUY2. More capture format can be set using USB Capture Utility.
|Video Processing Features
- Video processing pipelines with 160 Mpixels/s processing bandwidth
- Video cropping
- Video scaling
- Video de-interlacing
- Blend top & bottom field
- Top field only
- Bottom field only
- Video aspect ratio conversion
- Auto or manual selection of input aspect ratio
- Auto or manual selection of output aspect ratio
- Three aspect ratio conversion modes: Ignore (Anamorphic), Cropping or Padding (Letterbox or Pillarbox)
- Video color format conversion
- Auto or manual selection of input color format & quantization range
- Auto or manual selection of output color format, quantization range & saturation range
- Support for RGB, YCbCr 601, YCbCr 709 color formats
- Support for Limited or Full quantization range
- Support for Limited, Full & ‘Extended gamut’ saturation range
- Video frame rate conversion
- Vertical flip and mirror
|Multiple devices on one computer
- Support for connecting multiple USB devices to one system
- Support for setting the device serial number as the device name shown in the system using USB Capture Utility
- The USB Capture SDK provide functions including signal status extraction, capture configuration, etc.
- Multiple devices in one system can be upgraded simultaneously
- Status LEDs indicate the working state of each channel: idle, input signal locked, memory failed or FPGA configuration failed.
- 92.2mm (L) x 40.2mm (W) x 12.3mm (H)
- 5V max current: ~0.5 A
- max power consumption：~2.5 W
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50 deg C
- Storage temperature: –20 to 70 deg C
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing
USB Capture HDMI Gen 2
USB 3.0 Cable
USB Capture Utility