One channel 2K capture device
- Capture HDMI + embedded audio
- Loop-through HDMI signal
- Audio input via mic
- Extract HDMI embedded audio output via headphones
- Support 4Kp60 4:2:0 input.
- Capture from the newest game consoles such as PS4 Pro and XBOX One S.
- Automatically down scale to 2K for recording or streaming
Magewell USB Capture HDMI Plus
With a HDMI 1.4 interface, USB Capture HDMI Plus can capture signal from PS4, Xbox One, graphics cards, HD cameras (professional/sports/surveillance/video conference) and other devices. Max input resolution and frame rate is 4960 x2160p60 (4:2:0). It automatically down scale the video to 1080p60 for recording and streaming. Different audio input and output functions have also been added to the devices.
The Magewell USB Capture HDMI Plus model captures video up to 1920x1200, 1920x1080 or 2048x1080 at 60 fps over an HDMI interface. It also supports 4K HDMI inputs at 60fps with 4:2:0 color subsampling, or at 30fps for 4:4:4, down-converting them automatically to HD for capture and recording.
Loop-through connectivity means source signals can be simultaneously sent to a monitor or projector without an HDMI splitter, which helps make wiring simpler and cheaper, also enabling monitoring the image while streaming/recording. HDMI embedded audio is supported, and an analogue microphone input is available for live narration during capture - useful on computers that lack their own audio inputs. A stereo headphone output is included as well.
Functioning as a plug-and-play dongles, the interfaces have a driver-free design and automatic input detection, making it possible to use desk top, laptop and other types of computers to capture professional video and audio signals through a standard USB 3.0 interface. They support Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems and are compatible with most of the commonly used streaming, encoding, live production, collaboration, and video conferencing and lecture capture software.
|Capture Format Setting
Set the capture resolution, frame rate and color space. If the capture format is different with the input format, the FPGA in the capture device will automatically do up/down scaling, causing 0 CPU usage. This function is especially useful when scaling by software causes much CPU burden.
|Audio Volume Control
The Utility V3 can control the volume of the audio input (recording) and output (playback) of the USB capture (Plus) devices. The functions differ with models. If the system volume is changed, the parameter on the Utility V3 will also change accordingly. Users can click on the icon to quickly mute/unmute a playback/recording device.
For full description, visit the full page; USB Capture Utility V3
Utility V3 also provide functions such as cropping, deinterlacing, device name setting, aspect ratio conversion, timing adjustment, status image setting, etc.
For detailed introduction of the settings and functions, please check the Utility V3 User Manual.
- Supported OS
Linux (V4L2 kernel driver source code under NDA, supports x86,x64 & arm architecture)
- Microsoft Media Encoder
- Adobe Flash Media Encoder
- Any other DirectShow/V4L2 encoding/streaming software
SPECIFICATION OF THE MAGEWELL USB CAPTURE HDMII PLUS
- DVI-D 1.0
- HDMI 1.4
- 3.5mm audio jack
- USB 3.0
- compatible with USB 2.0
- compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 3.5mm audio jack
- HDMI loop-through interface
- Support for input video resolutions up to 4096×2160
|HDMI Specific Features
- 297MHz HDMIreceiver
- Adaptive HDMI equalizer support for cables lengths up to 30M
- Support for customized EDID
- Support for extraction ofAVI/Audio/SPD/MS/VS/ACP/ISRC1/ISRC2/Gamut InfoFrames
- Full colorimetry support
- Support for up to 4096×2160 4:4:4/4:2:2 30fps or 4096×2160 4:2:0 60fps input signals
- For 4:2:0 input signals, the horizontal and vertical resolution will be reduced to 1/2 for capturing
- For 4:4:4/4:2:2 input signal at more than 170MHz, the horizontal resolution will be reduced to 1/2 for capturing
- Support for 2 channel IEC60958/IEC61937 audio streams
- Support for extraction of audio formation information & channel status data
- Support for extraction of video timing information
- Support for extraction of 3D format information
- Support for extraction of Sony/Canon DSLR time code
- Support for Side-by-Side Half, Top-and-Bottom, Frame Packing 3D mode.
|Analog Audio Features
- Extraction of stereo embedded HDMI audio for recording and output via 3.5mm stereo mini-jack Line Out
- Capture of analog audio via 3.5 mm microphone interface
- Integrate the functions of a USB audio card. Playback audio via 3.5 mm headphones interface. Support for recording the playback audio of the computer.
|Video Capture format
- Support for capture resolutions up to 2048×1080 or 1920×1200
- Support for output frame rates up to 60fps. (Actual output frame rate can be limited by the USB bandwidth)
- Support for YUY2 4:2:2 8-bit
- More capture formats can be set using the USB Capture Utility
|Video Processing Features
- Video processing pipelines with 160 Mpixels/s processing bandwidth
- Video cropping
- Video scaling
- Video de-interlacing
- Blend top & bottom field
- Top field only
- Bottom field only
- Video aspect ratio conversion
- Auto or manual selection of input aspect ratio
- Auto or manual selection of output aspect ratio
- Three aspect ratio conversion modes: Ignore (Anamorphic), Cropping or Padding (Letterbox or Pillarbox)
- Video color format conversionVideo frame rate conversion
- Auto or manual selection of input color format & quantization range
- Auto or manual selection of output color format, quantization range & saturation range
- Support for RGB, YCbCr 601, YCbCr 709, YCbCr 2020 color formats
- Support for Limited or Full quantization range
- Support for Limited, Full & ‘Extended gamut’ saturation range
|Multiple devices on one computer
- Support for connecting multiple USB devices to one system
- Support for setting the device serial number as the device name shown in the system using USB Capture Utility
- The USB Capture SDK provide functions including signal status extraction, capture configuration, etc.
- Multiple devices in one system can be upgraded simultaneously
- Status LEDs indicate the working state of each channel: idle, input signal locked, memory failed or FPGA configuration failed.
- 98.1mm (L) x 56.8mm (W) x 17mm (H)
- 5V max current: 900mA
- max power consumption：~4.5W
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50 deg C
- Storage temperature: –20 to 70 deg C
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing
We are continuously developing the technology used within our product ranges delivering outstanding innovative solutions, therefore the specification may change from time to time.
- Listed below are all the items included when you order the USB Capture HDMI Plus video capture device.
|USB Capture Box
USB 3.0 Cable
Here you can download our Datasheets, Manuals, Application and Drivers.