Discreet video capture is now the mainstay of many small form factor appliances being used in markets such as lecture capture, distance learning and medical environments. The XtremeLC-SDI provides tri-band SDI capture for use within such applications. Our LiveStream:Capture architecture allows captures video to be processed and delivered in real time to a processor or graphics card.
This XtremeLC-SDI supports on board colour space conversion and scaling, providing the ability to efficiently transfer the video signal in a suitable format for rendering or encoding applications. The XtremeLC-SDI natively supports 32, 24, 16 and 12 bit YUV and RGB formats
The XtremeLC-SDI capture card has been designed for use within application models such as:
A few example applications:
- Medical environments
- Simulation systems
- Live events
- PC and gaming console capture
- Lecture and presentation capture
- RealTime streaming
It is also possible to put more than a single card into a system for multiple capture channels.
Due to the nature of the LiveStream:Capture architecture, the XtremeLC-SDI s not supported for wall controller applications that depend on EMS's MultiStream technology.
Built upon the Microsoft AV stream model, XtremeLC-SDI inputs can be accessed and enumerated in any DirectShow or Media Foundation supported application. A video for Linux (V4L) driver package is also available to download.
Tested applications includes:
- Microsoft Media Encoder
- Telestream WireCast
- Opencast Matterhorn
- OBS Project
- Adobe Flash Media Encoder
- Dataton Watchout
- Single SDI capture channel
- SD/ HD/ 3G at 60 fps
- 800 MB/s DMA bandwidth
- High performance up and down scaling
- Colour space conversion to any output formats
- PCI Express Gen 1x4 low profile
- EMS unified Windows® and Linux® driver support
EMS XTEMERGB SOFTWARE
Low Input to Output Capture Latency
- DMA to third party graphics vendors back and front buffers via Direct3D
- Compatibility with AMD DirectGMA
- Compatibility with Nvidia GPUDirect
User Mode filter for source selection
- Enables cropping support in DirectShow on all inputs
- Supports Start and Stop trigger interface on all XtremeLC inputs
EMS Unified Xtreme Driver
- Multiple cards per system, 16 streams per input Frame sync and time stamping DirectShow interface
- The RGBEasy API for advanced audio and video control
The XtremeLC-SDI is supplied with a powerful software application for configuring the format of the input sources and displaying the data.
Simply connect your video source into the card, run the XtremeLC application to automatically detect the video source format and display the captured video in a window on your desktop.